News

Blacklist of Agriculture!

We all feel ourselves on the edge of the food we consume now. Pesticides are the main cause of many diseases. Although pesticide-free agriculture and organic nutrition seem relatively expensive today, we buy back our health in the medium term considering the damage it causes later.

EWG, the world-renowned environmental studies group examining the pesticide levels of fruits and vegetables, the results are remarkable. At the very least, we can protect ourselves a little bit better by seeing less pesticide exposure to agricultural products.

According to the report, it is classified as dirty-12 and clean-10.

Foods with the most pesticides:

Cherry: It is argued that 30% of cherries, which have an average of five different pesticide residues, cause cancer, and contain a drug and pesticide called iprodione, which is banned in Europe.

Nectarine: More pesticides are used in 94% of classical agricultural nectarines.

Apple: 90% of apples are in contact with pesticides. Residues of a pesticide called diphenylamine, which is banned in Europe, are found.

Spinach: 97% of non-organic spinach has pesticide residues.

Tomato: The fact that it is produced with classical agriculture means that it contains 4 types of pesticides.

Grape: A grape, which is a classical agricultural product, contains an average of five different pesticide residues.

Potatoes: It is at the top of the black list. It contains much more pesticides than any food.

 

Foods with the least pesticides:

Avodako: A study on avocados, the favorite food of recent times, found pesticides in only 1% of them. It is definitely a plus that it can be consumed peeled and thick-shelled.

Onion: Only 10% of pesticides are detected.

Aubergine: 3/4 of eggplant, which is a low-carbohydrate food, does not contain pesticides.

Broccoli:  Only 30% of the samples contain pesticides, the remaining 70% are completely clean.

Melon: It turns out that 65% of them are clean.

Pineapple: 90% of classical agricultural pineapples do not contain pesticides.

More for the curious:

  1. https://www.fitekran.com/tarim-ilaci-iceren-besinler/
  1. https://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary.php

About the author:

Alara Dolunay – Be People Editor

Alara Dolunay, who completed her undergraduate education at the Department of Media and Communication Systems at Bilgi University, completed her internships as an assistant to the project manager of ICM Turkey Digital Marketing Agency and Doğan Paksoy Gallery Young Art Magazine Writer. In 2020, she joined the Sotheby's Art Institute, Art History program. He has been working as Creative Editor at Be People since January 2021.

Alara Dolunay

Gerçek Doğanızı Ortaya Çıkartan Bir Sistem: Human Design

A System Revealing Your True Nature: Human Design

Read more